Why “Drinking More Water” Should Be Your New Years Resolution
Now that 2017 is behind us, odds are you’ll want to make a New Year’s resolution. Many people make lofty resolutions that are hard to keep, such as dieting or going to the gym three times a week.
However, there’s a simple resolution you can follow that’s easy to keep and has a strong impact on your health: drinking more water. These are just a few of the benefits you’ll enjoy this year by drinking more water:
- Stay hydrated – Your body needs water to function properly. Without it, you’ll become dehydrated. On top of a loss of energy, dehydration can also cause increased thirst, dry mouth, dizziness, headaches and more. Drinking enough water every day is the best way to prevent dehydration.
- Lose weight – A lot of beverages contain sugars and calories that increase your weight. By substituting these beverages with water, you’ll consume fewer calories, helping you lose those extra pounds. Not to mention that, by drinking lots of water, you can help curb hunger. People often think that they are hungry when in fact they’re actually thirsty.
- Prevent dry skin – Having dry skin can be very uncomfortable, and it’s a problem that a lot of people deal with — especially during winter. Drinking water will help to keep your skin moist and elastic, which helps reduce the risk of dermatitis and skin infections.
- Stay in a good mood – The body and brain both need water to regulate their functions. This means that water is closely related to balancing your mood and emotions. If you’re dehydrated all the time, there’s a good chance that you’ll experience mood swings. Drinking more water will give you more energy and boost your mood.
- Maintain your body’s temperature – Water helps to ensure that your body doesn’t overheat. When your body overheats, whether it’s a result of physical activity or the temperature, you sweat. The body cools down when your sweat evaporates on your skin. However, your body is losing fluids when you sweat, which means you need to replace them by drinking water.
- Exercise easier – If one of your goals for 2018 is to get into better shape or to lose weight, you probably plan to exercising more frequently. You’ll want to drink more water to make exercising easier and more effective. Water helps you perform better by transporting oxygen to your muscles, as well as providing nutrients and remove waste build-ups. Water will also help lubricate your joints, which can help prevent cramps.
- Get sick less – Staying hydrated will make your body’s immune system more effective at fighting off illness. Water improves your immune system’s lymph fluid and prevents joint pain, muscle weakness, headaches and fatigue. Additionally, because water filters waste from your blood, it’ll help prevent urinary tract infections and kidney stones.
If you’re looking to make a New Year’s resolution that will improve your health, then one of the best ones is to drink more water. To make it even easier for you to keep your resolution, we’re taking 15% off all custom label water orders through the month of January only.
Ready to get started? Order pure Texas water today!